You Can Paddle for HD
on Brices Creek June 4, 2016
Who: Kayakers, Stand Up Paddlers, Canoeists — Novice to experienced
What: Paddle for HD — to Raise awareness and money for HD Reach, a NC support organization for families living with HD
- Race(s) at 9 am (register at 8 on site)
- Open Paddle 10-2
- Raffle drawing at Noon
When: June 4, 2016
- Register for morning race on site @ 8am (click here for race manual)
- 9 am kayak race(s) — must bring your own kayak and gear (50% off rentals at Surf, Wind and Fire)
- 10 am – 2pm — check out time for free kayaks, personal flotation devices (PFD) and paddles
- Noon — Raffle drawings
- La Cocina del Coqui food truck will sell beverages, Empanadas and Cuban Sandwiches.
Where: Creekside Park, Conglington Shelter (at the end of the road on the water) 1821 Old Airport Rd, New Bern, NC 28560
Bring: Bottled water, sun screen, bug repellent, shoes that can get wet, snacks and money for raffle prizes and/or donations for HD research and family support.
Why: An event (and brain child of journalist Ben Casey) to enjoy the water, to learn about HD, and to offer donations to HD Reach.
Why: Sarah Foster and her family are living with HD in New Bern. She was determined to prevent HD from defining her life and decided to take control. This event, in its 4th year, was her inspiration to make a difference.
- Pamlico-Neuse Riverkeepers (Sound Rivers)
- Twin Rivers Paddle Club
- Surf, Wind & Fire
- Stand Up Outfitters
- Grant DeHaven & MCAS Cherry Point
- Bill Hines
- And all of our fabulous Raffle donors!
What’s it going to be like?
Brices Creek is an open stream that is surrounded by woodlands. The water is calm and relaxing. Safety monitors will be on the river to alert other boaters to our presence.
What’s the level of difficulty?
Paddles and times are open-ended so you can go at your own pace. This is easy water for any age or ability.
Questions about the river and kayaking?
Email Bill Hines at email@example.com
General questions about the event?
Email Vana Prewitt firstname.lastname@example.org
About HD Reach:
HD Reach is a non-profit organization providing information, resources and support for NC families faced with Huntington’s Disease. Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2000. The license is not an endorsement by the State. CSL #009057